This website is Suspended by AGCO
Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario

To open a retail store and sell recreational cannabis, there are may be two licences and an authorization that are required from the AGCO. These are:

  • Retail Operator Licence
  • Retail Store Authorization
  • Cannabis Retail Manager Licence

All applicants must meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in the Cannabis Licence Act, 2018 and its regulations.

Sole proprietorships or partnerships between individuals may not require a retail manager licence. You should consider the duties performed by individuals to determine if they require a retail manager licence. Please note that the educational requirements must be met.

A cannabis retail store may not sell cannabis unless licensed and authorized by the AGCO, and the retailer must have a supply purchase contract with the Ontario Cannabis Retail Store (OCS). The retailer may only sell cannabis obtained through the OCS..

More info: